Many people ask me about “consumer forum online complain” so here I have explained everything about consumer forum and its basic feature. STEP BY STEP.
Each and every day people used to buy something to full fill their basic needs. These goods people buy from Physically established shops or from Online shops like flipkart, Amazon etc. As soon as we buy that product we become consumer of that particular product. According to The Consumer Protection ACT, 1986 any person who buy goods or services for their own use is called consumer. According to Consumer Protection Act 1986 only consumer can file a complain. Consumer also called al purchaser, buyer, or customer.
So Today we will take about Consumer Protection Act and we will discuss about the complains. If any person find any issue with the goods and services then how to file case and where to file. We will discuss everything about consumer protection act and their main points.
So, First of all, we will talk about what is Consumer Forum
Consumer forum is a Government undertaking or you can say it is a government body where you can file a complaint against the seller or supplier regarding the goods and services they produced. This consumer forum is also known as consumer court. They are situated in India at National level eg: National Consumer forum state level eg; State Consumer forum and district level eg; District consumer forum. It also resolves the matter in district and state level and punish the person who has done anything wrong. Whenever you buy good and services from a supplier, company, agency, local shop etc. They can cheat with you for their own benefits, in this case, if the company or supplier don’t resolve the issue then you can knock the doors of the consumer forum or court. Consumer Forum comes under Ministry of Consumer affairs food and distribution. According to 2016 90,000 consumers has registered Complain in web and written Consumer Forum. From 90000 complain 905 complains are resolved at the District Level.
Now we will talk about from whom against we can file a complain
- Service provider
Now we will talk about who can file complain in consumer forum
- Victim consumer
- Any firm who is registered or not registered
- Any co-operative society or any group of people
- State Government or central Government
- If the consumer has died then his legal heir can register consumer complain
What should be written in complain Letter
- Full Name and address of the person against whom you are complaining
- Evidence should be attached according to the complain or issue raised for example cash memo, bill etc.
- The fee to register complain is very minimum and yo don’t have to hire any advocate, you can do yourself.
- You have to submit 3 copies of the complaint to the forum in which one copy is for office and one is for the opposite party.
- Along with the complain you have to paste the demand draft or postal stamp to pay the fees
- In last you have to mention the relief you need from the court. For example:- Exchange of Product, Return of the product or the trauma or harm you have suffered.
Where to complain in Consumer court or Consumer Forum
- The goods and services you have purchased is less than twenty thousand (20,000) then you can complain in District Consumer Forum.
- The goods and services you have purchased is more than 20,00,000 and less than 10000000 then you have to complain in State commission.
- The goods and services you have purchased is more than 1 crore then you have to register to complain in National Commission.
- You can also complain in those areas where Shopkeeper, seller, supplier sale their goods and services. In that jurisdiction, you can complain about him.
- Each and every consumer forum have a complain book where you can register your complaint between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Now we will talk about Consumer Forum Fee
- For the matter of one lakh, you have to pay Rs 100 fee.
- For the matter of one lakh to five lakh, you have to pay Rs 200 fee.
- For the matter of 10 lakh, you have to pay Rs 400 fee.
- For the matter of 10 lakh to 20 lakh, you have to pay Rs 500 fee.
- For the matter of 20 lakh to 50 lakh, you have to pay Rs 2000 fee.
- For the matter of 1 crore, you have to pay Rs 100 fee.
If court order anything to the opposite party and he has not complied with the court order then the court will impose 10,000 fine or 3 years of imprisonment. After the completion of the punishment he has not complying with the court orders then the court can take his property also.
How to complain in consumer forum Online | SMS | Written | Phone
You can approach in the Indian consumer forum online complaint by 4 ways
First:- you can register offline complain, in which you have to write a complain and deposit in consumer forum
Second:- You can Contact consumer forum by Making a phone call. TOLL FREE NUMBER :- 1800-11-4000 or 14404.
Third:- You can SMS on this Number 8130009809. you have to SMS on this number and after few minutes they will call you back.
Forth:- Online Complain
For this step, you have to register first in consumer forum on Consumer forum online complaint registration.
You have to type consumerhelpline.gov.in in browser or click here
Then you have to click on sing up in that portal.
After that BOX will open ( Consumer Registration Form) where you have to fill all the credentials like Name, LAst name, Contact Number, Email address, User Name, Password etc.
After filling all the details you have to click on the SIGNUP button.
Then you will see REGISTRATION SUCCESSFUL- PLEASE VERIFY IN THE REGISTERED EMAIL ID- now you have to go to your gmail account and very the account. You have to click the link you have received in the Emaill Box.
Now get back to the consumer complain website and click on login and fill you email id and password and you will be logged in your account.
How to file consumer complain Step by Step
First, you have to fill COMPLAIN TYPE> COMPLAINT
SELECT STATE> YOUR STATE FOR EXAMPLE- WEST BENGAL then you have to select WEBST BENGAL consumer forum
SELECT INDUSTRY > For Example: If you have any issue with only shopping then select > E-COMMERCE
ORDER NO> YOU HAVE TO FILL YOUR ORDER NUMBER
THEN SELECT CATEGORY > E-COMMERCE
THEN SELECT COMPANY NAME> AMAZON
SELECT NATURE OF COMPLAIN> DELIVERY ISSUE OR WRONG PROMISES
SELECT PRODUCT VALUE > FOR EXAMPLE – YOU HAVE BOUGHT 10,000 OF JEANS THEN SELECT > LESS THEN 100000
NAME OF THE DEALER OR SUPPLIER
COMPLAIN DETAIL– YOU HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR COMPLAIN
THEN YOU CAN UPLOAD 3 FILES– FOR EXAMPLE- ORDER RECEIPT, BILL OF THE PRODUCT, PHOTO OF THE PRODUCTS
LAST- CLICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON– you will also receive a complain Number
Now you can also check the status of your complaint by clicking on the COMPLAIN HISTORY.
I have tried to explain each and everything about Consumer Forum. The steps to complain and about 4 procedure to complain. The Indian Consumer Forum is very helpful and definitely, it will work for you.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION OR QUERY ABOUT CONSUMER FORUM THEN PLEASE LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW.